Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hello, my name is...


Jessica.  Single mother.  Struggling student.  Nurse, thinker, and warrior.  Total basket case!  But most importantly, Child of God.  I am in the midst of many life changes, a place of unfamiliar territory.  Often found fighting through the darkness while reaching for the light.  I am excited, I am fearful, I am changing!

Like many others, I am often perplexed by life's peculiarities and how to approach them.  I am unsure of who I am in this big and scary world, where I stand, and what I stand for.  What is my greater purpose?  And what WOULD Jesus do, anyway?  As I walk deeper into my blossoming relationship with The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, I find I am insatiably thirsty for knowledge, growth, ...roots.  I am hopeful.  

I am a newbie. I am still learning to turn to God for everything that pains my heart.  For everything that sparks a smile.  For everything, period.  I am discovering that I can lean into Him, and he will simply wrap his arms around me and give me peace.  He cannot be overwhelmed!  I’m learning what it means to pray and how.   It is a grand commitment, to be sure, choosing Faith.  It is a decision to relinquish everything you think you know to be true, and submitting to His will, His word, and His truth.  It takes courage and dedication ...but it is proving to be the most beautiful and rewarding exploration of my life.  

So, I invite you to join me on my journey with Jesus to find joy, rest, and all the answers to my burning questions!  Help me to peel back the layers, stop hiding behind the lies, and start defining my truths.  Laugh with me, learn with me.  Pray with me.  Walk me through my misunderstandings.  Let this be a forum for us to share in all things, big or small.  Come what may.  If you have questions, ask!  If you have answers, speak!  Thoughts?  Spill.

This is me.  Vulnerable and exposed, in all my question-asking glory! Committed to finding my identity in Christ.  Look out world, Jessica is braving Jesus!  



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJWQzjfU3o

1 comment:

  1. You are not who you were you are being remade, you are new!
    ~happy heart <3
    http://youtu.be/-w6YG2NZguc

    ReplyDelete